Impress at your next dinner with this stunning dessert item. The Bosch Culinary Team incorporate superfruit berries into their recipe for this delectably sweet treat.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
1 Vanilla pod
4 tbsp Milk
3 Eggs (medium-sized)
2 Egg yolks (medium-sized)
500g Low-fat whipping cream
500g Fresh mixed berries (e.g. raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, red currants)
500g Frozen cherries
1. Wash berries, pat dry carefully but thoroughly and freeze on a tray lined with baking paper for at least two hours.
2. Meanwhile, halve the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Bring the vanilla pod, seeds and milk to a boil, remove from the stove and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
3. Break the eggs and egg yolks into a metal bowl, add 175g of sugar and the vanilla milk prepared earlier and remove the pod. Choose a pan that has a suitable size to hold the bowl, fill the pan with 3cm to 4cm of water and bring to a boil. Place the egg mixture on top of the pan.
4. Beat for five minutes until thick and fluffy using a hand mixer. At this point, the mixer will leave distinct marks in the creme. Remove the vanilla creme from the water bath and continue to beat for about 5 minutes. Leave to cool.
5. Pour the whipping cream into the mixing bowl of a kitchen machine. Use the beating whisk and whip the cream until it reaches the perfect stiffness.
6. Stir the frozen cherries into the vanilla creme, so that they fold into the creme first. Then mix in the fresh mixed berries and whipped cream.
7. Add blueberries last so that the parfait does not turn blue. Fill the mixture into two 750ml bowls or one large bowl. Put in the freezer to cool for at least four hours.
8. Take out the parfaits from the freezer, allow to warm for a few minutes, then stick a fork into the parfaits and twist them out of the bowl. Cut into pieces and serve on plates garnished with fresh berries to taste.
Samantha Jong is not your average girly girl. Loves kids and adventures, always planning the next getaway. When not at work, can be found indulging in all sorts of novels and documentaries.