Soup For The Soul
Every so often, we all need a healthy, warming soup to lift the soul and heal the body. Bosch Partner Chef Joseph Yeo, shares this recipe for a soup with vitamins A, K and C, fiber, potassium and other goodies, as well as the ability to decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Give it a shot and tickle your taste buds.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1kg Carrots – washed, peeled and sliced thinly
100ml Cooking oil
1 tbsp Unsalted butter
50g White onion – peeled and sliced
20g Chopped garlic
1l Chicken stock
20g Fresh Thyme
2 Oranges – peeled, one cut into wedges
Salt and white pepper powder to taste
5g Sea salt crystal
5g Fresh ground black pepper
10ml Extra virgin olive oil
20g Dried candied ginger
1. Add oil and onion into a heated medium pot.
2. Fry till softened and add garlic, carrots, and butter.
3. When slightly softened, add chicken stock, orange juice and thyme.
4. Bring to a boil, then simmer to allow carrots to cook and flavors to infuse.
5. Remove the thyme. With a sieve, strain ingredients from the soup and set aside half of the strained liquid.
6. Blend the ingredients. Adjust the consistency of the soup with the blended ingredients to your preference.
7. Adjust the taste of soup with salt and pepper.
8. Garnish with dried candied ginger, sea salt crystal, fresh ground pepper and extra virgin olive oil.