Perfect for a midday snack, this recipe for baked doughnuts from Resorts World Sentosa chefs, Chef Kenny Kong and Chef Eric Tan, is easy to make and mini-friendly. And the best part if that your little ones can express their creativity by decorating the doughnuts in their own style!
- 226g bread flour
- 34g sugar
- 2g salt
- 4g dry yeast
- 28g butter
- 40g egg
- 113g milk
1. Combine flour, sugar and salt, in a large bowl. Cut in the butter using your fingers or a pastry blender, until it resembles crumbs, and mix well.
2. Add the egg and yeast mixture to the bowl, and mix into a smooth dough. This usually takes about five minutes.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured counter and knead it for about five to 10 minutes.
4. Place the kneaded dough back in the bowl, cover with a cloth or plastic wrap and let it rise for about an hour until it doubles in size.
5. After the dough has risen, roll out the dough until it is about 2cm thick.
6. Use a doughnut cutter or a circle cookie cutter to make the doughnut shapes.
7. Line the doughnuts up on a couple of baking sheets, then cover with a towel and allow them to rest until they double in size.
8. Bake the doughnuts in your preheated 180 degrees Celcius oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Your doughnuts are now ready to eat!