By Sabrina Chia
An excellent source of vitamins and selenium, Salmon is a both tasty and healthy. As it is also high in omega-3 fatty acid and DHA, eating salmon reduces risk of depression and can help boost children’s brain development. This quick and easy salmon recipe is an absolute cinch to pull off and is great for the entire family— perfect for any busy mum after a particularly long day.
Salmon with Cherry Tomatoes
One fillet of salmon
6 to 8 cherry tomatoes
One tablespoon capers
3 Basil leaves (optional)
Pinch of salt
A few healthy grinds of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Half the tomatoes and mix with the capers and season with salt and pepper.
3. Lay the baking parchment on a clean work surface. It should be twice as long as it is wide. Fold it in half and open it up again.
4. Place the salmon on one half of the paper and season with salt and pepper. Top with tomato caper mixture and garnish with basil leaves.
5. Bring the rest of the paper over the salmon and roll up the unsealed edges to form a pouch, leaving a small gap.
6. Bake at 180 degrees in a preheated oven for 13 minutes.
Sabrina Chia offers private chef services. She has a special interest in raw food and can be reached at [email protected]