Easy to prepare, this fried rice dish recipe from Chef Lawrence Toon, Chef & Trainer of Asian Culinary Institute, College of Lifelong Learning and Nanyang Polytechnic, for Kinmemai, is healthy, plentiful and delicious.
Number of servings: 2 to 3 people
• 30g Olive Oil
• 300g Kinmemai Better Brown rice steamed
Soak for 20 minutes and steam for 40 minutes
• 150g Upper Chicken Thigh
Wash, pat dry and diced into small cubes
• 100g Pumpkin
Wash, peel, cut into small dice. Lightly blanch in boiling water
• 50g Celery
Wash and drain dry. Peel and cut into small dice, and lighly blanch in boiling water
• 20g Carrot
• 10g Garlic
Wash, drain dry and chop finely
• 10g Spring Onion
Wash, drain dry and cut into rings
• 1g Salted Black Bean
Wash and drain
• 2g Light Soya Sauce
• 2 Eggs
Beaten till smooth
1. In a wok, heat olive oil and fry garlic until fragrant.
2. Add beaten eggs and stir fry. Add diced chicken and fry until cooked.
3. Add pumpkin, celery and carrots to the wok.
4. Add in Kinmemai Better Brown rice and salted black bean.
5. Season with light soya sauce, white pepper and spring onion. Serve on a plate.