Aviva introduces MyMaternityPlan, a maternity insurance plan designed to provide comprehensive protection for mother and child throughout pregnancy and after childbirth. The plan covers as many as ten pregnancy complications and 23 congenital illnesses.
It also provides coverage should your child require stem cell transplant surgery or outpatient phototherapy treatment due to severe neonatal jaundice.
Jaundice is a condition that affects about three in five full-term babies and as many as four in five premature infants.
This comes in response to findings from the Ministry of Health (MOH) in Singapore, which highlighted that a growing proportion of young children (ranging from babies to under seven years of age) are being diagnosed with problems such as autism and speech and language delays, with the number of new cases rising significantly from 2,500 in 2010 to around 4,000 in 2015.
Tailored for expectant mothers from as early as 13 to 36 weeks of pregnancy, the plan gives you the flexibility of choosing your desired level of coverage of between S$5,000 to S$20,000.
- Covers as many as 10 pregnancy complications, 23 congenital illnesses, and death.
- First in market to cover developmental delay and stem cell transplant surgery for insured child.
- Financial assistance for newborn’s hospitalisation and treatment expenses e.g. phototherapy for severe neonatal jaundice and neonatal ICU/HDU confinement.
- Allows multiple claims for both mum and child for a wide range of conditions e.g. post-natal Anaemia and Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease.
- Covers as many as four babies in a single pregnancy, even if it is through In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF).
Expecting a child is one of the most precious and exciting milestones in life – but it is not without its uncertainties. ~ Daniel Lum, Director of Product and Marketing at Aviva Singapore.