Take twinning to a whole new level with these simple and chic hairdos that work for mummies and little princesses alike. We bet you’ll both be the centre of attention once you’ve mastered these two looks created specially for us by Cinq Studio.
1. Start by picking up 2 thin sections of hair near your hairline.
2. Cross the right strand over the left strand away from the face.
3. Pick up new section of hair from the top of the head, and let it fall on top of the section you just pulled away from your face.
4. Drop section of hair you just placed so it falls through your twist, creating that waterfall effect.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 till you reach the back of your head.
6. Hide the end of the braid by tucking it under layers at the back of your head. Secure in place with a bobby pin.
7. Drop the layers over the secured braid end, and you get your simple and easy waterfall braid.
To turn this into a casual look:
1. Put the rest of your hair into a side ponytail
2. Secure with a simple hair accessory. Viola!
To turn it into an evening look:
1. Divide the ponytail into 2 sections, braid one section and twist into a bun.
2. Use the remaining hair to twist around the bun and tie the ends together.
3. Secure in place with bobby pins.
Incorporating accessories into your braid:
1. Start by picking up 2 strands of hair at the top of your head/parting.
2. Use your chosen hair accessory, in this case, a string of flowers, and slot it between the 2 strands of hair.
3. Cross the right strand over the left strand away from the face to lock the flowers in place. Now you will have 2 strands of hair and 2 strings of flowers.
4. Now cross the 2 strands of flowers right over left away from the face.
5. Continue to braid them down the section by adding new sections to both sections of hair. Keep twising the right section over the left, pulling away from the face.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 till you reach the end of the sections and secure with a hair tie.
Photography: Wil Surn Lim
Makeup: Tinoq Russell Goh — 9816 2149 using Covermark
Hair: Dylan Chan — 9338 6439 using Redken
Special thanks to CINQ Studio at Scotts Square (#03-16, Scotts Square, Tel: 6+65 6360100)