Want to indulge in some delicious seafood this Chinese New Year? This scrumptious butter cereal king crab recipe from Intercontinental Hotel Singapore’s executive chef Eric Neo is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser with seafood-loving guests.
500g King crab
4 Eggs for egg wash
200g Potato flour
2Tbsp Planta margarine
2 Red chili padi (chopped)
1 bunch Curry leaves
80g Nestum Cereal
2 tbsp Full cream milk powder
1 tbsp Sugar
1tsp Fine Salt
1/2tsp Chicken Powder
- Clean Snow Crab and drain dry after washing.
- Coat with egg wash evenly, then coat with potato flour.
- Heat up a wok, place in cooking oil and heat oil to 160 to 180 Degree Celsius.
- Once oil is heated, deep fry the crab until it’s perfect and golden brown. Thereafter, remove crab from the oil, drain and keep aside.
- Combine Nestum cereal and milk powder in a mixing bowl then set aside.
- Melt Planta margarine in a wok under medium heat. Once melted, place in chilli padi and curry leaves, lightly stirring till it’s aromatic.
- Place crab in immediately, then continue stirring in wok till well mixed. Season with salt and sugar.
- Lastly, add cereal mixture and stir well.
- Serve while hot.
Note: Image is a close approximation of what the crab will look like.