Are you nesting yet?
As you get closer to your delivery date and nesting sets in, you will be in uber organisation mode scrambling to check off your hundreds of to-dos before baby arrives.
In the middle of all the busyness, it can be easy to forget to pack your hospital bag.
But trust us, you’ll need it and it should be filled with all the essentials to make your stay at the hospital more comfortable, so you can relax and enjoy baby.
Start putting together the items you’ll need around week 35 so that when the time comes, it’s grab and go. Here’s a guideline of what to pack in your hospital bag.
- Hospital documents and doctor’s letter.
- Identification documents (Yours and your husband’s)
- CDA forms
- Personal toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shower gel, shampoo/conditioner, moisturiser and skincare. Maybe a spot of makeup too, if you plan on visitors or photos)
- Sanitary pads – the hospital will provide these (but they’re huge!) so if you have a favourite brand bring it (no tampons!). You will bleed alot after birth.
- Nursing bra, nipple cream and breast pads.
- A nursing pillow.
- Panties – consider using mesh disposables.
- Personal pyjamas – there’s nothing quite like wearing your own clothes, just make sure the front opens easily for breastfeeding.
- Chargers for all your electronic devices.
- Clothes to go home in.
- If you have a favourite snack bring it, you will feel extra hungry and thristy from all that breastfeeding.
- Towels – if you prefer your own.
- Prep H ointment – works wonders for piles and the swelling down there.
- A sleeper suit with built in mittens and feet.
- Wet wipes and newborn diapers (the hospital provides these, but it’s always good to have extras on hand, just in case.)
- A swaddle.
- Infant car seat.
What did you pack in your hospital bag?