As you get closer to your delivery date, it is likely that you will be scrambling to complete the last few (or many) things on your to-do list before your baby arrives. In the middle of all the busyness, it can be easy to forget to pack your hospital bag. But trust us, you’ll need it and it should be filled with all the essentials to make your stay at the hospital more comfortable and so you don’t need to send your husband out to pick up things every other hour.
Start putting together the things that you need around Week 35 so that when it’s time to deliver, you’ll just need to pick it up and go to the hospital.
Here’s a list of things that you will need:
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
• Essential documents
– Hospital documents and doctor’s letter
– Identification documents (Yours and your husband’s)
• For yourself
– Personal toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shower gel)
– Maternity sanitary pads: your body will be discharging what’s left in your womb after delivery, so you’ll have heavy blood flow after giving birth
– Nursing bra, nipple cream and breast pads
– Nursing Pillow
– Undergarments (consider using disposables)
– Personal pyjamas: you may be more comfortable in your own clothing. Choose a front opening top to facilitate breastfeeding. Check if your hospital allows you to do so.
– Chargers for your electronics (handphones and cameras)
– Set of clothing for discharge
– Books or Device for reading during the downtime
– Snacks/loose change to buy snacks from the vending machine
– Towels for cleaning up if you prefer to use your own
• For baby
– A set of clothing for going home in, remember to include mittens and booties
– Wet wipes and newborn diapers (its always good to have extras on hand)
– Swaddle blanket
Any other must-have item that you used in your personal hospital bag when you delivered? Share it with us in the comments.